We are constantly looking for talented researchers to join the group. The opportunities depend on the stage of your career and details can be found below. We are very happy to assist you in preparing your application.
- UNSW offers the very attractive UNSW Scientia Fellowship Program, more details can be found on https://research.unsw.edu.au/scientia-fellowship-program
- Australia offers Fellowships for Domestic and International candidates via the Australian Research Council’s “Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA)” program. These awards are offered annually and more information can be found on http://www.arc.gov.au/discovery-early-career-researcher-award
- Australia offers Fellowships via its Endeavour Program to work at Australian Universities.
- The Australian Bicentennial Scholarships and Fellowships are one-off awards of up to £4,000 to enable UK postgraduate students or academic staff to undertake a period of research/study in Australia.
- The Australian government offers PhD Scholarships at UNSW via its Research Training Program (RTP). There are four application rounds per year and both domestic and international students can apply.
- Australia Awards Scholarships are long term development awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
4th-year thesis students:
We have openings again for 4th-year thesis students in the following topic areas:
- Novel electron and hole contacts for silicon solar cells
- Optimisation TOPcon silicon solar cells
- Development of contact, buffer, and window layers for thin film solar cells
- The impact of the Australian bush fires on PV performance
- Novel transparent conductive oxides for solar cell applications
- Optimisation of atomic layer deposition of binary and tertiary compounds
- Modelling of building integrated photovoltaics (BIPV)
- The effect of non-uniformities on solar cell performance assessed using finite-element modelling